Power of words – “Linguistic impacts shape our thoughts and bodily experiences.” – George Lakoff
|Parenting||* Ask the right questions to the right person.|
* Happiness is in the state of well being.
* Output is always depending on the input.
* “Disappointment” is too powerful of a word for children – Richard Lavoie
* “Power by example, not example by our power” – Joe Biden Inauguration Speech (2021)
* Discipline as learning through structure and empathy. Discipline is associated with learning versus associated negatively with punishing or avoidance.
* “Your children really aren’t listening to what you say. They’re actually just watching what you do.” – Sylvia Boorstein
* “Skill not Will” – Stuart Ablon
* Parenting with your heart not your head
* Let the kite go when it is the right time to go with nature
* This is not what I do (work), this is who I am” – Sir Ken Robinson
* We create our lives as we move through it. Life is not linear.
* ” A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because its trust is not on the branch but on its own wings.” – Charlie Wardle
* “Knowledge helps only when it descends into habits.” – Jerome Bruner
|Nature vs Nurture|
* “When situational factors are overlooked, presumed dispositional factors serve as causes of behavior…” (Dunn, 2019, p.666)
* Perspective of failure: going wrong is just on the way of going right.
*Our lives are masterpieces in progress
* “When we agree with our hallucinations, we call it reality” – Anil Seth – reality is a controlled hallucination constructed by our brain’s best prediction, we experience the world from both inside and outside.
* “Language exerts hidden power, like a moon on the tides.”– Rita Mae Brown
* “Learning disabilities: The real challenge is to educate those who don’t have one!” – Richard Lavoie
* Schooling is not the same as learning. Learning is not the same as understanding.
* “Schooling properly conceived is the heart of our community.” – Sir Ken Robinson
* “Education is about people. It’s about human growth and development, and it’s a very personal process.” – Sir Ken Robinson
* “Teaching is the art of changing the brain.” – Zull, 2003.
* “Children do well if they CAN” – Stuart Ablon
* Expertise and context has to match for desired results
* Transferability of skills and knowledge
“Education must, be not only a transmission of culture but also a provider of alternative views of the world and a strengthener of the will to explore them.”- Jerome Bruner
|Creativity||* “We don’t grow into creativity, we grow out of it; or rather, we get educated out of it.” – Sir Ken Robinson|
|Neuroscience||* “The brain is neither immutable nor static, but continuously remodeled by the lives we lead.” – Richard Davidson.|